Sunday 20 March 2011

Learning to ride

Today, my little girl decided she wanted to ride her bike for the first time. To this point she had not been interested. As much as I attempted to coax and persuade her over the last year the answer had always been No! Followed by, I am not ready yet. Today, something had changed. The time was right and my little girl asked to ride her bike. She was full of excitement & smiles. In 20 minutes she was confidently up and away able to start, stop and steer safely. Boy was I the proud Dad! I was also curious to find out what had changed. I asked what was present now that had been missing and what was missing now that had been there in the past. She replied once. Simple, there were no stabilizers. The thing is, the stabilizers had been taken off months ago. Maybe her stabilizers was a metaphor for something she had to let go of before she was ready to learn to ride. Whatever the change, the time was right, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment